The NFLPA’s Professional Athletes Foundation (PAF) is pleased to announce the – Family Scholarship. For high school seniors graduating in 2017, the PAF will award five (5) two-thousand five hundred dollar ($2,500.00) college scholarships for children of NFLPA former player members. The scholarship is designed to reward a high school athlete that will attend a university, college, or two-year institution and has confirmed plans to compete in college athletics. The PAF is honored to recognize high school athletes for their non-athletic achievements and to assist them in achieving their higher education and career goals. Please review the eligibility criteria listed below.
- Overall High School Grade Point Average of 3.0 or better;
- High school senior status;
- Accepted at a 2-year or 4-year college or university;
- Must be nominated by high school coach;
- Participated at varsity level in athletics for at least one year and has confirmed plans to compete in college athletics. (verification will be required);
- Has not accepted a full scholarship for athletics or academics;
- Is the son or daughter of NFLPA former player member
To request an official scholarship package eligible candidates must submit the following information to the Professional Athletes Foundation general inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student first and last name
- Student date of birth
- Father first and last name
- Father date of birth
- Father’s NFL teams
- Photo copy of father’s driver’s license
This year’s deadline for submission is April 1.